Since 2001 Montmontaza PLC has been engaged in trading with electric energy in the area of Middle and South-Eastern Europe and in the preparation of the construction of energy supply facilities as an independent energy producer (IPP) on the BOT model.
We started electricity supply to Albania (70 MW) pursuant to fixed annual contracts of the supply of electric power concluded with KESH, Albanian Power Corporation.
Following the liberalization of the electricity market with adoption of the Energy Act, Electricity Market Act, Gas Market Act, and Energy Services Regulation Act in Croatia, which came into force on January 1, 2002, we expanded our business with electricity trading in the fields of
– electric energy supply (delivery and/or sale of the energy to the buyer),
– mediation and
– Representation/agency in the energy market
and on 09 March 2004 were given the license for the above-mentioned activities.
Montmontaza has developed good business cooperation with power utilities in the Middle and South Eastern Europe, which have been our suppliers with their surpluses for delivery to big industrial companies or to countries not able to cover their own comsumption by their own energy sources such as Albania, Montenegro, Kosovo, Macedonia (FYROM), etc.
To Aluminum Plant in Montenegro Montmontaza was supplying electric energy on a long-term basis.
Through years the total trade has reached millions of MWh and the largest contracted quantity per single contract was 100 MW power supply to Austrian Power Trading (APT) in Slovenia.
List of business partners:
• APT (Austrian Power Trading) Slovenia
• Aare-Tessin Ltd. for Electricity (Atel), Switzerland
• Elektroprivreda Crne Gore (Montenegrin Electric Enterprise), Nikšić, Montenegro
• Energy Holding, Romania
• E.ON, Gemany
• Entrade, Switzerland
• Elektroprimorska, Slovenia
• Ezpada, Czeck Republic
• Energy Finance Team (EFT), Switzerland
• Euro Power, Slovakia
• EP HZ HB, Mostar,Bosnia &Herzegovina (Power Utility Hrvatske zajednice Herceg Bosne)
• Elektroprivreda Republike Srpske, Trebinje, Bosnia & Herzegovina (Power Utility of the Republic of Srpska)
• Holding slovenske elektrarne, Slovenia
• HEP (Hrvatska elektroprivreda, Croatian Power Utility), Croatia
• Interenergo, Slovenia
• KESH, Albanian Power Corporation
• Kombinat aluminija Podgorica (Aluminum Plant Podgorica), Montenegro
• KEK (Korporata energjetike e Kosoves), Kosovo
• NEK, (Natsionalna elektricheska Kompania), Bulgaria
• PCC (Petro Carbo Chem), Germany
• Sempra Energy Europe, Hungary
• Slovenské elektrárne, a.s., Bratislava, Slovakia
Montmontaža, as the respected participant in the regional market of Southeast Europe, is very interested in achieving long-term business cooperation in the field of electricity trade and energy sector.
Its strategic goal is to expand and develop business activities in the field of electricity trade on the basis of own power generation as an Independent Power Producer (IPP).